AT SURESPAN, you are more than a number, more than an "employee" - you are part of a team building Great Canadian Landmarks.
From Lionsgate & Port Mann to Skytrain & Convention Center, you will get access to awesome projects that define our landscape. You will build the infrastructure that keep our economy and lives as great as they are!
We are searching out that Special Team Player; that dedicated and skilled player who wants to make a difference to the Canadian Infrastructure Landscape. Check out these awesome projects...
Here, you will be able to make a difference...
The Senior Estimator role is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating complete conceptual and final estimates for large, complex multi-million dollar projects. The position requires the following:
- Total completion of bid pricing,
- Resolution of technical matters during negotiation and contract execution,
- Review of estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness and
- Use relevant knowledge and experience to focus work.
The Senior Estimator ultimately prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements; then works with the Construction Management Team to ensure optimal execution of the project and a win for all involved.
Surespan offers Better-than-Market Compensation Packages, commensurate with skills & experience, along with excellent Vacation & Benefits Packages and Company Perks.
SENIOR ESTIMATOR (CONSTRUCTION)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Particular tasks and responsibilities include:
- Analyzing plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects
- Performing complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, and pricing.
- Performing all aspects of bidding including, but not limited to, procuring new projects to bid, ordering proposals, project site investigation, materials and subcontractor solicitation, estimating labour and equipment costs, and creating bid proposals.
- Liaising with all levels of management, clients and contacts
- Contacting and developing business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates.
- Preparing final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing, and completeness.
- Completing final cost estimate of a project through the use of Bid2Win estimating software, incorporating all labour, equipment, and material data, pricing documentation, overhead and profit margins, and produces a final tender submission for review and approval of Chief Estimator and Management.
- Supporting Project Managers, providing contractor recommendations and change order reviews
- Completing post-bid analyses on jobs bid including tracking bidding success and percentages, and analyses fiscal period bid performance.
- Mentoring junior estimators with a focus on teaching and development.
Education and Experience Required:
You should have 10 - 15 years construction estimating experience including a variety of complex multi-disciplinary projects. A diploma or degree related to Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying and/or Estimating will be considered an asset.
You should also be proficient and developing skills in:
- Organizational skills, time management and project management abilities.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal for interface with clients and coworkers.
- Able to work in a team environment (Engineering, Purchasing, Estimating, Construction, etc.).
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment and successfully execute many tasks simultaneously, with the ability to work extra hours if needed to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project etc.), estimating software and AutoCAD/On-Screen Takeoff (Preferred knowledge of Bid2Win Software)
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete.
- Knowledge of current construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Well-developed technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques, and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of construction materials and techniques
- The ability to make timely and rational decisions under pressure
Location of Employment:
The Senior Estimator will be based out of the Surespan Group Head Office in North Vancouver, British Columbia and will work with each Business Unit across Canada.
It should be expected that some travel may be required. Applicants must hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence, Passport, and already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
Submit your resume through our Applicant Portal: https://surespanca.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=11